We are all, at heart, gradualists. Our expectations are set by the steady passage of time. But the world of the tipping point is a place where the unexpected becomes expected, where radical change is more than a possibility. It is, contrary to our expectations, a certainty.
In this paperback volume, Malcolm Gladwell has extensively explored the concept of trends. Why do some behaviours and products catch on and assume epidemic proportions while some die off never seeing the light of day? The answer to this is more complex than may be initially thought. A thoroughly researched volume, heavily backed by various scientific studies, the author points out several factors which are largely responsible for social behaviours and life choices that people make.
There is so much to be said for the explanation of human behaviours found that it makes one think. Hailed as a terrifically rewarding read, it is truly a pleasure to read.
- Malcolm Gladwell is the Key to The Game [Ladies] (gawker.com)
- Malcolm Gladwell Really Wants You to Know About His Cousin [Books] (gawker.com)
- Malcolm Gladwell to Address Real Estate Community on June 24 (observer.com)
- Gladwell vs Pinker (stat.columbia.edu)
- What is the LEEDigation Tipping Point? (greenbuildinglawupdate.com)